Safety Management Systems
Safety management systems
A SMS system will deliver a safer work place by engaging staff in safety issues and having improvement objectives that focus on the OHS risks of the organisation. A SMS will also provide a framework for top management to comply with their legal obligations.
Be up to date
Changes are on the way with the new ISO 45001 safety system standard expected to be relased later in 2016. The new standard will have a similar high level structure to the ISO 9001 and ISO 14001. We can keep you informed of the changes as they are released.
Why have an ISO 80001 or AS 4801 safety management system?
It makes good business sense to operate your business using the framework of either ISO 18001 or AS 4801.
- You will have a safer work environment.
- Engaging staff into discussion about safety in your work place.
- If an incident does occur, then processes will be implemented to manage the incident.
- Identification of all your risks. Hazards, their consequence, resulting risks and their assessment is an on-going process. All organisations are required to assess risks. Does your business have a process in place to manage this?
- Customers often request providers operate a OHS system.
- A safety management system will help your business identify and purposely reduce risk.
- SMS will help senior management comply with legal obligations
- Setting objectives that improve the safety in the delivery of products and service
- A focus on continual improvement.
- To achieve certification to give third party verification that your organisation complies with high standards
- It is generally much easier to apply for tenders with certified systems
How can a Safety Management System consultant help you?
- EQS will work closely with you to get outcomes that make sense to you.
- You will get the support you need so that the changes that you want to make will happen with minimal fuss.
- The benefit of many years of experience working with safety management systems.
- As SMS consultants we can help your business in the 18001 / 4801 journey from development, implementation and then through the initial certification process, if that’s the way you want to go.
- As part of our SMS service we will create documents that are tailored to suit your business.
Contact for a quote